General Information on the Polymer Institute
- Mission Statement and Goals
The Polymer Institute was established on January 1, 1987 with the following objectives:
- A plastics application center designed to provide industrial support through contract research and development activities.
- A center for research and development in polymer and plastics technology with funding from various government and state agencies.
- An educational and industrial training center for polymer science and engineering.
Starting in the Fall of 1989, the Polymer Option within the Department of Chemical Engineering was established as part of the Engineering graduate education. Under the semester system a total of six courses in Polymer Science and Engineering are offered. These courses are taught by the Polymer Institute staff. In addition to the courses, the Institute supports 5 to 10 graduate students yearly who work at the Institute towards completion of a research thesis in the polymer area.
- Contact Information
Contact the Director of the Polymer Institute,
Dr. Saleh A. Jabarin, for further information on technical capabilities and for establishing specific research programs and technical assistance.
phone # - (419) 530-5005
fax # - (419) 530-5019
SEND e-mail now to Saleh A. Jabarin at
mail address -
University of Toledo
Attn: Dr. Saleh A. Jabarin
Toledo, Ohio 43606-3390
- Directions to the Institute
The Institute is located in the Engineering Complex at the University of Toledo. The street address of the Institute is 1615 N. Westwood Avenue.
More specific directions are available if you are coming from the
Detroit, Michigan Metro Airport
or from the
Toledo Express Airport
or from the
[ Home Page
| Polymer Links